Friday, September 18, 2009

Like a Child

Do you ever get the feeling that you just want to be a child again? Play games with your friends in the twilight. Laugh with abandon at silly things. Chase each other in circles until you are dizzy. I got the chance to do it...and I suggest you try it.

The annual little country fair down the road from our house was this week. I wish I had taken more photos of the fun. They had so many games. If you guess the weight of the turkey or the weight of the pig...you get to take them home. (I guessed incorrectly on purpose, what the heck would I do with a live turkey or pig??) Throw darts at balloons and win a bottle of wine for the adults, candy for the children. Estimate correctly how high the prosciutto is hanging over your head and it is yours. Of course, my absolute favorite, which hole do you think the rabbit likes best...



We didn't win, but had too much fun cheering the little pets on that it didn't matter.



The fair culminated with a donkey race. Yes, grown men hop on very stubborn mules and run them around the ring numerous times. I should have taken a video. I have not laughed so much in long time...some had to jump off and push the backsides of these poor animals to make them move...they did not...it was too funny.



We ended the day at sunset by eating freshly fried bread...I can truly say, donuts have nothing on it. Then in a fit of giggles, we chased each other to the car.

1 comment:

John Morgan said...

Perfect day. Simple and filled with life and happiness in abundance!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...