Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Learning from Figs


Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
~Chinese proverb

My fig tree is following this to a tee. I have been waiting and waiting...four months to be exact. I have seen it's leaves unfurl...I have watched it's little ones gradually ripen from a dark rich green to a vibrant chartreuse.


I should learn to slow down and experience the journey of this beautiful living thing instead of thinking about when I might be able to enjoy the fruits of it's labor. So I have decided to consciously celebrate the process...not just of this tree, of course, of everything...to take in every slow growing step...to concentrate on the little nuances however small them may seem.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...