Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paradiso

I live in paradise. Today is one of those days, I just wanted to pinch myself when I woke up to make sure it was true. The sky is the richest blue I have ever seen...the air is so clear...the temperature is an absolutely perfect 75 degrees with a slight breeze. So, as you can imagine, I happily decided after lunch that I could not stay inside another minute...I needed to be out in the landscape. I rushed down the stairs and out into the yard to plop down in the grass under my favorite fig tree and gaze at the sky. I captured a photo for you. Then something strange...my back started to uncontrollably itch. From the middle...the part where you cannot reach...it crawled up into my scalp and back down again...an indescribable heat and sting. I ran inside, saw that my back was in hives, and jumped into a cool shower. Hee hee...so much for un paradiso...I guess I needed a little reminder to keep the perspective that some things are not always as they seem.

2 comments:

kt said...

laura,
this post made me crack up because i do the same kind of thing:)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm so happy Sperlygirl linked to you...LOVE your site! Look forward to learning more about you and your work :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...