Thursday, December 3, 2009

L'inverno

Winter has officially arrived as of this morning. Thick fog, frosty windshield...the whole shebang. With this close of autumn, I was reminded I didn't tell you all about the olives. How could I have missed that? Well, it is easy to explain...we did not pick olives this year. I know, I have been here in Tuscany for almost 5 years, complained every year about having to work, have even rounded up unsuspecting friends to help, and this is the first time we have not picked. The olive trees we have are not doing so well...they are getting up there in years and and as a result, they are not producing very much. New trees will be planted soon, so, we will have to wait until next year for the full story. However, the olives surrounding our house were picked...just not by us. I cannot say I was disappointed...picking for a day is beautiful in the fresh air with a lunch of sausages by the fire in the fields. However, picking everyday including weekends for more than a month...nope, didn't miss it a bit...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...