Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Desideri

I was chatting with a six-year-old the other day while playing with Ciccia Maria. We were throwing a stick and watching her retrieve. At one point, as he picked up one of the last remaining dandelion heads, he asked "do you believe if you make a wish, it will come true?" Of course, I answered, we need to believe. Later on while sitting with his uncle, I recounted the story and he inquired, "well...do you really believe?" The realistic side of my brain immediately wanted to answer, no. But, the other side of my brain...the one that usually wins...wanted to answer a resounding, YES. In this life we need to believe...in the small things, in the big things...we need to think that there can be more. So after a little thought, si, credo nei desideri, tanti desideri...yes, I believe in making wishes, lots of them...even some for you...and in hoping they come true...for all of us...and with dandelion heads this big, who wouldn't?

1 comment:

Keuter said...

lovely post laura. kt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...